Investor RelationsInvestor Relations
- 1)The Company is cognizant that enhancing corporate governance is a key management issue and takes measures to ensure total compliance with corporate ethics and laws and regulations and to reinforce internal control systems while making ensuring the soundness, efficiency and transparency of business operations and raising corporate value its fundamental policies and objectives.
- 2)In light of the importance of corporate governance, the Company established a CSR Promotion Committee with the President & COO as its chairman and established an Information Disclosure Committee, Risk Management Committee, Compliance Committee, and Personal Information Management Committee as subordinate organizations.
- 3)The Company strives to increase corporate value while maintaining good relationships with stakeholders (interested parties).
- 4)The Board of Directors holds monthly regular meetings and holds extraordinary meetings on a flexible basis as needed. The Board makes decisions on matters specified by laws and regulations and other important matters relating to management and oversees the status of the performance duties by each director. The Company has 10 directors (of which two are outside directors) and has established a structure that enables adequate deliberation and appropriate and timely decision making. The Company instituted an executive director system effective April 1, 2005 to enhance management efficiency and has established structures that enable timely responses to changes in the external environment while segregating management decision-making functions from business execution functions.
- 5)The Company comprehensively discloses information in a timely manner through the activities of the Information Disclosure Committee and is taking measures to bolster its public relations staff.
- 6)In light of the increasing emphasis placed on internal controls, the Audit office was placed under the direct authority of the President & COO and works in collaboration with Business Administration Department to conduct audit operations regarding the appropriateness of business activities including Group companies, the status of use of company resources, and the status of compliance with laws, regulations, and internal rules.
In addition, an Appropriate Work Guidance Project Team provides guidance on work improvements. The Company strives to comprehensively operate internal control systems in response to enforcement of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act.
- 7)7) The Supervisory Board comprises four members including two outside members. Supervisory Board members attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and carry out their duties by actively attending other important internal meetings and through other means. There are no interests between the Company and the outside Supervisory Board members including personal relationships or capital relationships, with an agreement regarding legal and other services in the case of Yoichi Sato.